#throwback : My Third Trimester with Baby OOPS



Third trimester is such an ironic period - it is like the best period and the worst nightmare IMHO.

By the end of second trimester, my stomach is starting to grow. Odd to say, this is also the period whereby I "LOOK PREGNANT" to strangers. With me looking so massive with that huge tummy, you may think that I will definitely get a seat on the train during peak hours. Well, you are only 80% right. Because there will always be that 20% chance of seeing people who tried to be oblivious (people who act like they are sleeping or continue to play their games while peeking at me from the corner of their eyes, people who are waiting for others to give up their seats etc).

My only advice to the other preggys out there...
The reserved seating will not always be offered to you. For the safety of your baby and yourself, be shameless and ask for the seat.



Time really flies during the last few weeks. I remember having the "pants on fire" feeling because I have tonnes of uncompleted work and loads of things to hand over before I can go on my maternity leave in peace. There was this guilt of letting my colleagues manage my remaining work and the subtle joy of taking a such a long break after working for so many years. Yay! 

After loads of encouragement and assurance from our gynae, we also made a very bold decision to go on a second Babymoon to Taipei! This was probably one of my third trimester highlights. Come to think about it, travelling is going to be so different from now on.

Why we choose Taipei as our Baby-Moon location:
  • Convenient transportation
  • Reliable and good healthcare services that are not too rural to access
  • Pregnancy-friendly culture
  • Cooling weather (because my body is always feeling hot during third trimester)
  • Short flight time (approx 4 hours plus) with no jet lag issues after we land
  • Somewhere which we are both familiar with

Remember to travel light and wear comfortable shoes!

Third trimester is also the time whereby I started attending parentcraft lessons to prepare myself for the theories of labour and caregiving of a newborn. The lessons by Mount Alvernia Parentcraft Centre was really helpful to first-time mummies like myself. In the classes for labour, there were information about signs of labour, how giving birth is like and also a maternity tour for us to understand the delivery wards and ward types. For caregiving of baby, we learnt basics such as how to swaddle baby, change diapers, waking sleeping baby and all-you-need-to-know-about-breastfeeding.

Learning how to swaddle... so easy.. because his hands, legs and head are not moving and he's not crying! LOL



By the end of third trimester, I had gain a whopping 18kg! While most people at that point is busy hiding themselves from the camera due to the massive weight, I find myself taking even more photos than before! This is like the best period for me to be "fat" yet praised for being beautiful. LOL... Pregnancy is such a beautiful experience and I will probably miss those moments of having the little one inside me. So capturing those moments on photos/videos is really important!

My first time wearing a cheongsam... and it's during my third trimester!




Of course, not all is rosy by the third trimester though. I started experiencing physical strains like:
  • more fatigue - walk abit too long already panting, sit down too long butt pain etc
  • more and more water retention - my feet are so swollen until they look like pig trotters
  • difficulty sleeping well - imagine sleeping with a bowling ball on you... 
  • heartburn sensations and a drop in appetite - stomach space is reducing due to the baby 
  • temperamental and moody - I guess Mr OOPS bear the entire brunt of my moodiness
  • backaches and occassional numbness in the legs - somehow it happens mostly when I'm sleeping
  • the disgusting stretch marks - visible marks started appearing on my thighs and armpits at week 31. BOOHOO
  • urinate multiple times throughout the day - because baby is pressing on the bladder

I find myself able to relate pregnancy comics like these:
My shoe size went up from 36 to 38 in my third trimester.

Sleeping with loads of pillows around me

Rushing to the toilet again and again!

#truestory indeed


P.S. I hope these are not changing your mind about getting pregnant, if you are considering about it. HAHAHA...

While doing this post and looking back at my pregnancy photos, I am still in awe about how huge sized I was back then. But I'm definitely loving my tummy.

Week 37

And with this post, I sum up my adventures and afterthoughts as a first time preggy mummy. Do you have any similar or different thoughts after reading about my pregnancy journey? Do drop me a comment to share some of your great experiences or challenges! =)


Happy to move on to motherhood,

Comments